Lonely Planet Colombia (Travel Guide)
#1 best-selling consultant to Colombia*
Lonely Planet Colombia is your passport to all of the so much correct and up to date suggestion on what to determine, what to pass, and what hidden discoveries watch for you. Step into the pages of a unique through Gabriel Garcia Marquez, watch the dawn in El Cocuy, or decide your individual espresso beans in Zona Cafetera; all along with your relied on go back and forth significant other. Get to the center of Colombia and start your trip now!
Inside Lonely Planet Colombia commute Guide:
- Color maps and photographs all through
- Highlights and itineraries assist you tailor your journey for your own wishes and pursuits
- Insider tips prevent time and cash and assist you get round like a neighborhood, averting crowds and hassle spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - together with hours of operation, mobile numbers, web pages, transit advice, and costs
- Honest studies for all budgets - consuming, dozing, sight-seeing, going out, purchasing, hidden gem stones that the majority guidebooks leave out
- Cultural insights offer you a richer and extra lucrative shuttle adventure - together with customs, tradition, background, paintings, literature, track, activities, politics, landscapes, and flora and fauna
- Over 50 neighborhood maps
- Covers of Bogota, Zona Cafetera, Cartagena, Medellin, El Cocuy, San Agustin, Mompox, San Andres, Providencia, Cali, the Amazon Basin, the Pacific Coast, the Caribbean Coast, Boyaca, Santander, and extra
The ideal selection: Lonely Planet Colombia, our so much accomplished advisor to Colombia, is ideal for these making plans to either discover the pinnacle points of interest and take the line much less travelled.
- Looking for extra broad assurance? try out Lonely Planet's South the USA on a Shoestring guide for a finished examine all of the continent has to supply.
Authors: Written and researched by means of Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has develop into the world's best shuttle media corporation with guidebooks to each vacation spot, an award-winning web site, cellular and electronic commute items, and a devoted visitor group. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but in addition permits curious guests to get off overwhelmed paths to appreciate extra of the tradition of the areas during which they locate themselves.
*Bestselling consultant to Colombia resource: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, united kingdom and united states, may perhaps 2011 to April 2012.
mountaineering & Abseiling The birthplace of Colombian mountain climbing is Suesca, a short excursion from Bogotá. you can find 4km-long sandstone Guadalupe formations and greater than four hundred mountain climbing routes, either conventional and bolted. Suesca-based DeAlturas deals five-day mountain climbing classes for COP$500,000, or day hiking (including gear) for COP$120,000. In Medellín, Psiconautica runs a rock-climbing/abseiling/canyoning college besides. with the intention to try your abilities prior to committing to a full-on.
AntioquiaMUSEUM ( MAP GOOGLE MAP ; %251-3636; www.museodeantioquia.org.co; Carrera fifty two No 52-43; admission COP$10,000; h10am-5:30pm Mon-Sat, to 4:30pm solar) within the grand artwork deco Palacio Municipal, Colombia's second-oldest museum (Museo Nacional in Bogotá is the oldest) can also be one in all its best. the gathering contains pre-Columbian, colonial and glossy paintings collections, in addition to many works donated by way of local son Fernando Botero. valuable Medellín 1Top points of interest 1Plazoleta de las EsculturasB2.
areas at a look San Andrés & Providencia Diving either islands have large coral reefs totaling 50km with a biodiversity that equals any within the zone. Sharks are the standout, yet there also are turtles, barracudas, stingrays, manta rays and eagle rays simply offshore. shorelines Take your decide of idyllic seashores bordering the archipelago's famed sea of 7 shades. whereas these in San Andrés provide bright surroundings and water activities, the true stars of the express are the.
seashore. correct in entrance of the airport is the doorway to Salto del Aeropuerto , a powerful high-volume waterfall that pours right into a deep, crystal-clear swimming gap the place you could spot great freshwater shrimp. it is approximately quarter-hour' stroll again from the line. there's strong scuba diving in 500ft-deep Bahía Solano. The warship Sebastián de Belalcázar, which survived the assault on Pearl Harbor, was once sunk close to Playa Huína to create a synthetic reef (Buqué Hundido). Cave divers might wish to discover.
Wed-Fri, 9am-6pm Sat & solar; c), nicknamed 'Panachi.' The windy, cliff-hugging highway among the 2 towns is among the so much scenic drives in Santander. Opened in 2006, the park homes a Museum of Guane tradition, numerous eating places, a 4D cinema, an ice rink, kid's playground, a forgettable ostrich farm (admission COP$2000; c) and the Monumento a l. a. Santandereanidad commemorating the progressive spirit of Santanderians. however the actual charm here's the majestic canyon itself. the simplest.