Lonely Planet Egypt (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet: The world's major commute advisor publisher
Lonely Planet Egypt is your passport to the main proper, up to date suggestion on what to determine and bypass, and what hidden discoveries watch for you. stopover at the traditional wonders of the Pyramids of Giza, cruise the Nile to a waterside temple, or see the glittering reveals within the Egyptian Museum; all along with your relied on trip better half. Get to the guts of Egypt and start your trip now!
Inside Lonely Planet Egypt commute Guide:
- Colour maps and photographs all through
- Highlights and itineraries assist you tailor your journey in your own wishes and pursuits
- Insider tips to save lots of money and time and get round like a neighborhood, fending off crowds and bother spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, telephone numbers, web pages, transit assistance, costs
- Honest reports for all budgets - consuming, dozing, sight-seeing, going out, procuring, hidden gemstones that the majority guidebooks pass over
- Cultural insights offer you a richer, extra worthwhile go back and forth adventure - historical past, artwork, literature, delicacies, etiquette, activities, politics, landscapes, flora and fauna, structure
- Over 102 maps
- Covers Cairo, the Nile Valley, Minya, Luxor, Esna, Siwa Oasis, Western barren region, Alexandria, Suez Canal, crimson coastline, Sinai and extra
The excellent selection: Lonely Planet Egypt, our so much finished consultant to Egypt, is ideal for either exploring best attractions and taking roads much less travelled.
- Looking for extra vast insurance? try out Discover Egypt, a photo-rich advisor to the city's most well-liked attractions or Lonely Planet's Africa or Middle East travel guides, for a accomplished examine the entire quarter has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by means of Lonely Planet, Anthony Sattin and Jessica Lee
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has develop into the world's major shuttle media corporation with guidebooks to each vacation spot, an award-winning site, cellular and electronic trip items, and a committed traveler group. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but in addition allows curious travelers to get off crushed paths to appreciate extra of the tradition of the locations within which they locate themselves.
Presses lettuce seed into oil, thought of an aphrodisiac when you consider that precedent days. until eventually the early twentieth century, Esna was once a massive cease at the camel-caravan direction among Sudan and Cairo, and among the Western wasteland oases and the Nile Valley. it's now additionally identified for the barrage by which all cruise boats need to cross. the city makes for a delightful morning expedition from Luxor, or a cease among Luxor and Aswan. The vacationer police place of work ( GOOGLE MAP ; %240 0686) is within the vacationer souq.
Cairo) With greater than 30 years’ adventure, Pan Arab excursions has built services in taking viewers into Egypt’s deserts. utilized by archaeologists in addition to travelers, the corporate has a couple of especially outfitted cars and provides 9 wilderness itineraries through the state, from 4 to 18 days in addition to tailored excursions. It additionally rents 4WDs. Zarzora ExpeditionDESERT travel (%0100 118 8221; www.zarzora.com; five Sharia Tahrir, Mut, Dakhla) Captained via the skilled Ahmed.
Simplicity is the main to Egyptian salads, that are eaten as a mezze or as an accompaniment to a meat or fish major. the normal salata baladi of chopped tomatoes, cucumber, onion and pepper occasionally will get a kick from peppery arugula. the center East’s scrumptious and fit signature salad, tabbouleh (bulgur wheat, parsley and tomato, with a sprinkling of sesame seeds, lemon and garlic), can also be universal. Seasonal greens, resembling beetroot or carrots, are frequently boiled and served chilly with a.
preferred meat dishes in Egypt. Kofta, spiced minced lamb or pork peppered with spices and formed into balls, is skewered and grilled. it's the signature component to the Egyptian favorite daoud basha, meatballs cooked with pine nuts and tomato sauce in a tagen (clay pot). Kebab is skewered and flame-grilled chunks of meat, in general lamb (the poultry similar is named shish tawooq). the beef frequently comes on a mattress of baqdounis (parsley), and also you devour it with bread, salad and tahini. Firekh.
vacationer PolicePOLICE (%126) Western UnionBANK ( GOOGLE MAP ; %236 4905; Sharia al- Gomhuriyya; h9am-7pm Sat-Thu) 8Getting There & Away Bus the higher Egypt Bus Co ( GOOGLE MAP ; %236 3721; Sharia Saad Zaghloul) has hourly providers to Cairo (E£12, 4 hours) from 6am. Buses depart for Hurghada at 10.30am and 10.30pm (E£50, six hours). Microbus & Servees A seat in a microbus or servees will expense E£30 to Cairo and E£15 to Asyut. educate The vacationer workplace within the station will be.