Lonely Planet Hong Kong (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet, Piera Chen, Emily Matchar
Lonely Planet: The world's major shuttle advisor publisher
Lonely Planet Hong Kong is your passport to the main appropriate, updated recommendation on what to determine and bypass, and what hidden discoveries wait for you. Cruise Victoria Harbour aboard the big name Ferry, experience at the height Tram for fantastic perspectives, or discover the Mong Kok markets; all along with your depended on commute spouse. Get to the center of Hong Kong and start your trip now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Hong Kong shuttle Guide:
- Full-color maps and photographs all through
- Highlights and itineraries assist you tailor your journey on your own wishes and pursuits
- Insider tips to avoid wasting time and cash and get round like an area, fending off crowds and bother spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, cell numbers, web pages, transit information, costs
- Honest reports for all budgets - consuming, sound asleep, sight-seeing, going out, procuring, hidden gem stones that almost all guidebooks omit
- Cultural insights offer you a richer, extra profitable trip event - delicacies, heritage, arts, cinema, structure, faith
- Free, handy pull-out Hong Kong map (included in print version), plus over forty colour maps
- Covers Hong Kong Island, Aberdeen & the South, Kowloon, New Territories, Outlying Islands, Macau and extra
The ideal selection: Lonely Planet Hong Kong, our such a lot accomplished advisor to Hong Kong, is ideal for either exploring most sensible points of interest and taking roads much less traveled.
- Looking for simply the highlights of Hong Kong? try out Pocket Hong Kong, a handy-sized advisor fascinated with the can't-miss attractions for a fast journey.
- Looking for extra vast assurance? try out Lonely Planet's China guide for a accomplished examine all of the country has to supply, or Discover China, a photo-rich advisor to the country's preferred points of interest.
Authors: Written and researched through Lonely Planet, Piera Chen and Emily Matchar.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has turn into the world's top shuttle media corporation with guidebooks to each vacation spot, an award-winning site, cellular and electronic commute items, and a committed tourist group. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but in addition allows curious tourists to get off crushed paths to appreciate extra of the tradition of the areas during which they locate themselves.
KongBUSINESS inn ( GOOGLE MAP ; %3968 3808; www.east-hongkong.com; 29 Taikoo Shing Rd, Taikoo Shing, Quarry Bay; r/ste from HK$1700/4800; iWs; mTai Koo, go out D1) This sleekly cool enterprise resort has 345 fresh, vivid rooms adorned with modern artwork and minimalist furnishings. nook harbour-view rooms, commanding stable perspectives, rate greater than rooms at the reduce flooring which glance directly to structures within sight. The 32nd-floor bar, Sugar, is awesome for sundown cocktails. Island Shangri-La.
This huge, immense inn overlooks Kowloon Park. The rooms are of an affordable usual and a few of the costlier ones have reliable harbour perspectives. The kinfolk rooms have bunk beds, that's reliable if you’re vacationing with childrens. Haggle earlier than you e-book: reckoning on the season and day of the week, costs are frequently lowered through 50%. Knutsford HotelHOTEL (樂仕酒店 MAP GOOGLE MAP ; %2377 1180; www.acesitehotel.com; eight Observatory Ct, Tsim Sha Tsui; s HK$1000, d HK$1200-1800; W; mTsim Sha Tsui, go out B1) The.
handy store for visitors is the principal department (113 Des Voeux Rd, flooring fl, imperative; h10am-8.30pm Mon-Sat, 11am-8pm Sun). There’s additionally a Causeway Bay department (46-54 Yee Wo St, G3, flooring fl, McDonald’s Bldg, Causeway Bay; h10am-10pm Mon-Sun). neighborhood Calls & premiums premiums All calls made of inner most telephones in Hong Kong are neighborhood calls and as a result loose. As within the remainder of the realm, payphones are more and more infrequent. inns cost from HK$3 to HK$5 for neighborhood calls. Numbers All landline.
Victoria Harbour. After leaving the MTR, stroll in the direction of the pier alongside guy Yiu. Jardine HouseBUILDING (怡和大廈 MAP GOOGLE MAP ; 1 Connaught Pl, relevant; mHong Kong, go out B2) This 52-storey silver monolith punctured with 1750 porthole-like home windows was once Hong Kong’s first actual ‘skyscraper’ whilst it opened in 1973. unavoidably the development has earned its personal irreverent nickname: the ‘House of a thousand Arseholes’. within the basement is the live-music venue and Italian eating place Grappa’s Cellar.
PotHOTPOT (禾牛薈火煱館 MAP GOOGLE MAP ; %3997 3369; forty eight Cameron Rd, 1st & second fl, China coverage Bldg, Tsim Sha Tsui; nutrition HK$350-600; h5.30pm-2am; mTsim Sha Tsui, go out B3) Indecisive gluttons will scream on the miraculous hotpot offerings the following – two hundred elements (the majority clean or selfmade; HK$25–270), 20 sorts of broth (from clam soup to fancy natural concoctions; HK$68–468), and a humiliation of condiments (all-you-can-dip)! There’s no escaping the menu both, the lighting fixtures are too bright!.