Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet, Alison Bing
Lonely Planet: The world's prime shuttle consultant publisher
Whether exploring your individual yard or someplace new, become aware of the liberty of the open street with Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay zone & Wine nation highway Trips. that includes 4 extraordinary street journeys, plus updated suggestion at the locations you will stopover at alongside the best way, discover San Francisco, Napa Valley and Sonoma County, all along with your depended on commute better half. leap within the automobile, ensue the tunes, and hit the line!
Inside Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay sector & Wine state highway Trips:
- Lavish colour and stunning photography throughout
- Itineraries and making plans advice to select the perfect adapted routes in your wishes and pursuits
- Get round easily - easy-to-read, full-color path maps, particular instructions
- Insider tips to get round like an area, steer clear of hassle spots and be secure at the street - neighborhood using ideas, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, cell numbers, web content, costs
- Honest reports for all budgets - consuming, sound asleep, sight-seeing, hidden gemstones that almost all guidebooks omit
- Useful features - together with Stretch Your Legs, Detours, hyperlink Your journey
- Covers San Francisco, San Francisco Bay sector, Marin County, Napa Valley, Sonoma County, Russian River, Bohemian street and extra
The ideal selection: Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay quarter & Wine kingdom street Trips is ideal for exploring the San Francisco Bay quarter within the vintage American manner - by way of highway journey!
- Looking for a consultant fascinated with San Francisco? try out Lonely Planet San Francisco for a entire examine the entire urban has to supply, Discover San Francisco, a photo-rich consultant to the city's most well-liked points of interest, or Pocket San Francisco, a handy-sized guide focused at the can't-miss attractions for a fast journey.
- Looking for extra vast assurance? Lonely Planet California, our such a lot complete consultant to the area, is ideal for exploring either best attractions and lesser-known gemstones, or try out Discover California, a photo-rich advisor to the region's most well liked sights.
There's extra in shop for You:
- For extra US road-tripping principles, try out Lonely Planet's Road Trips guides to Route 66 andPacific Coast Highways and Lonely Planet's Best Trips guides to California, New England, Southwest united states, Pacific Northwest, Florida & the South, big apple & the Mid-Atlantic, and USA.
- Or commence with our FREE SAMPLER '3 of the USA's most sensible highway journeys' with excerpts from each one Road Trips consultant that will help you choose which zone to discover first.
- Also, try out Lonely Planet's Road Trips courses to Chateaux of the Loire Valley, Normandy & D-Day Beaches, and Provence & Southeast France and Lonely Planet's Best Trips guides to Italy, France, and Ireland for a few eu highway journey suggestion.
Authors: Written and researched through Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has develop into the world's major trip media corporation with guidebooks to each vacation spot, an award-winning web site, cellular and electronic go back and forth items, and a devoted tourist group. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but additionally allows curious tourists to get off crushed paths to appreciate extra of the tradition of the locations within which they locate themselves.
Stands of redwoods, finishing on the Russian River in tiny Monte Rio. on the southern finish, the crossroads of Freestone isn’t even more than simply that, although the previous railway cease boasts a crazy-popular bakery, a lovely nation shop and a Japanese-inspired spa focusing on particular cedar remedies. cease by means of for a tasting at Joseph Phelps, Freestone Vineyards visitor heart (707-874-1010; www.josephphelps.com; cnr Bodega & Bohemian Hwys; tastings $20-35; 11am-5pm), one of many infrequent spots within the region.
3 decadent classes with wine pairings. Aziza Moroccan, Californian $$$ (415-752-2222; www.aziza-sf.com; 5800 Geary Blvd; mains $19-29; 5:30-10:30pm Wed-Mon; 1, 29, 31, 38) Iron Chef champ Mourad Lahlou’s concept is Moroccan and his materials natural Californian, however the flavors are out of this international: Sonoma duck confit and caramelized onion fill flaky pastry basteeya, and slow-cooked Marin lamb tops saffron-infused barley. Pastry chef Melissa Chou’s apricot bavarian is a goodnight.
There also are top-end, motel-style resort rooms (adults only). large hot-springs-fed swimming pool. Chateau De Vie B&B $$$ (877-558-2513, 707-942-6446; www.cdvnapavalley.com; 3250 Hwy 128; r incl breakfast $229-429; ) Surrounded via vineyards, with wonderful perspectives of Mt St Helena, CDV has 5 glossy, elegantly adorned B&B rooms with top-end facilities and nil froufrou. fascinating vendors serve wine at the sun-dappled patio, then go away you on my own. sizzling bath, massive pool. Gay-friendly. Meadowlark state.
Vineyard-view terrace, stable for picnics. additionally contemplate tapas-and-wine pairings ($45). Bottles are $29 to $57. Gary Farrell vineyard (707-473-2900; www.garyfarrellwines.com; 10701 Westside Rd, Healdsburg; tasting $15-25; 10:30am-4:30pm; ) excessive on a hilltop, overlooking the Russian River, Gary Farrell’s tasting room sits perched between second-growth redwoods. The stylish Chardonnay and long-finish Pinot, made via a big-name winemaker, rating excessive marks for consistency. Bottles are $32 to $60. Dry.
collage Press) to hold within the vehicle. Wild Flour Bread JUDY BELLAH/GETTY pictures © Valley Ford resort hotel $$ (707-876-1983; www.vfordhotel.com; r $115-175) Surrounded via pastureland eight miles south in Valley Ford, this 19th-century, six-room resort has stable beds, nice charges and an awesome roadhouse eating place. resort at Occidental hotel $$$ (707-874-1047, 800-522-6324; www.innatoccidental.com; 3657 Church St; r incl breakfast $249-339; ) one among Sonoma’s best, this fantastically restored.